Raids reveal negligence in PIMS, SGL hospital
Several irregularities came to light during raids by Punjab Pollution Control Board (PPCB) teams on Thursday at the Punjab Institute of Medical Sciences (PIMS) and SGL Hospital. These included improper disposal of used needles, missing records of treatment of bio-medical waste and dumping of liquid bio-medical waste in improper places.
In a raid at PIMS, the PPCB team found liquid bio- medical waste was not being properly treated in an operation theatre. Also, records of lifting hospital waste was missing on the three days — December 12, 18 and 29. At SGL Hospital as well, no such record for December 26 was available.
"Used needles were also found scattered in wards both at PIMS and SGL Hospital," said a PPCB official, adding that even liquid waste of dialysis was found in dustbins at PIMS .
- Destitute, orphan students outclass rest in Andhra Class 10 exams
- To re-energise ties, PM wants to visit US, waits for confirmation
- NIA court says no terror link, frees 'Hizbul militant' Liyaqat on bail
- CBI arrests its coal allotments investigator on bribery charge
- ‘Cricketer-bookie Amit may have used Jiju to reach Sree’
- BCCI chief N Srinivasan says police must prove spot-fixing allegations