Rail Budget: 'Anubhuti' coach introduced to provide higher travel comfort
- Trouble mounts for Sreesanth as Mumbai cops gather more evidence
- SIT to seek Supreme Court guidance on Maya Kodnani death penalty issue
- Tamil Nadu police bans Yasin Malik-linked pro-Eelam public meeting
- Kings XI Punjab end IPL 2013 campaign with a win
- Narendra Modi: India losing sheen as agricultural nation
Railways today proposed to introduce a modern coach "Anubhuti" with good ambience in the premier Rajdhani and Shatabdi trains providing higher travel comfort to passengers.
The travelling fare in such a coach will be priced separately, Railway Minister Pawan Kumar Bansal announced in his Budget speech.
"With increased popularity of Shatabdi and Rajdhani trains, there is also a demand for higher travel comfort. Responding to this need, Railways will introduce one such coach in select trains which will provide an excellent ambience and latest modern facilities and services," he said.
Such coaches will be named 'Anubhuti' with commensurate fare structure, he said.
Besides, he said a pilot project will be launched in select trains to facilitate passengers to contact on-board staff through SMS/phone calls for prompt response for coach cleanliness and provide real time feedback.
Provision of announcement facility and electronic display board in trains for disseminating information to on-board passengers about approaching stations, train running, and arrival platform will also be there, he said.
He also announced provisions of free wi-fi facility on several trains to cater to the increasing aspirations and requirement of the youth and other customers.
According to Railways, the interiors of the coach will sport a contemporary look with automatic opening and closing of internal doors.
The walls will be screw less unlike the present coaches and boast of ergonomically designed cushioned seats and berth with provisions of LCD video screens.
Besides, it will have modular toilets with vacuum discharge system and superior roller blinds as curtains.
The coaches have been reworked on the present LHB coaches which were introduced in Indian Railways about a decade ago in Rajdhani and Shatabdi trains.
'Anubhuti' is expected to be introduced by the year end.
- Quake-hit and shaken, Bhaderwah spends nights in the open
- UP blast accused dies on way to jail, govt wanted to drop case against him
- Former civil aviation secy changes mind, seeks airport security exemption as EC
- BCCI suspects Gujarat players in other teams were also approached
- Police on money trail, Sreesanth in fresh trouble
- Chhattisgarh 'encounter' leaves 8 villagers dead, no Maoist link yet