Rail budget: Focus on Mathura, besides Rae Bareli, Amethi
- Former Ranji player held, Sreesanth and others to be produced in court today
- Li Keqiang pitches for more Chinese investments as he backs trade balance
- All eyes on Narendra Modi as BJP set to discuss strategy for Lok Sabha polls
- SC agrees to hear PIL to stay IPL matches due to spot-fixing
- Monstrous tornado rips through US city of Oklahoma, 90 dead
A new forged wheel factory is proposed to be set up at Rae Bareli and an MoU has been signed with Rashtriya Ispat Nigam Limited (RINL). A new executive lounge will be set up in Agra whereas a Rail Neer bottling plant would established in Lalitpur.
Railway Minister Pawan Kumar Bansal has proposed some projects for UP for obtaining necessary approval and clearances. These include laying of new lines between Faizabad and Lalganj via Akbarganj; Maharajganj and Rae Bareily; Anandnagar and Ghugli via Maharajganj; Chola and Bulandshahr; Kapilvastu and Basti via Bansi. The Centre has proposed to undertake surveys for new lines between Azamgarh and Mubarakpur; Dadri to Narora via Sikandarabad, Bulandshahr, Jahangirabad and Anoopshahar; Farrukhabad to Gola-Gokarnath via Shahjahanpur and Padrauna-Kushinagar-Gorakhpur.
Surveys will be conducted for gauge conversion between Mailani and Bahraich and between Varanasi and Ballia for doubling. A traffic survey for Kanpur area in connection with Panki-Mandhana new line project is also proposed in the rail budget.
The gauge conversion between Naugarh-Barhni is proposed to be completed in 2012-13. Likewise, doubling project proposed to be completed in current fiscal include Chauri Chaura-Baitalpur and Jahangirabad-Barabanki.
Electrification of Phaphamau-Unchahar, including Allahabad-Prayag and Paman-Kanpur routes is proposed to be completed in the current fiscal. The new line projects proposed to be completed in next fiscal 2013-14 include Bah-Etawah and Bhind-Etawah. The gauge conversion on the routes of Barhni-Gonda and Kasganj-Bareilly is proposed to be completed in the same year. Bhadaiyan-Sultanpur and Bhadohi-Mondh routes are proposed to be doubled in 2013-14.
- 'Sophisticated' Indian cyberattacks targeted Pak military sites: Report
- Talkative Li quoted Weber, Hegel, Jobs, said PM is large-hearted
- Bihar food corp ends up with chaff as rice worth Rs 535 cr vanishes from mills
- In 7 lucrative minutes on May 9, Sreesanth bowled 6 balls, bookie made Rs 2.5 cr
- India and China ask border envoys to work on more steps
- Former Ranji player among 3 more held