Railway budget brings no cheer to the city
- Spot-fixing: Petition in SC seeks stay on IPL matches, seeks SIT probe
- India, China call for end to incursion issue, sign 8 deals to boost ties
- Sanjay Dutt spends restless nights as officials yet to decide on his jail
- Aarushi murder case: Rajesh Talwar claims he was asleep when killings took place
- Railgate: BJP protests against CBI DIG for shielding Pawan Bansal
As Railway Minister Pawan Kumar Bansal announced the Rail Budget 2013-14 in New Delhi on Tuesday, there was little for Ludhiana residents barring some goodies. This, despite the fact that the minister himself belongs to Punjab.
Increase in Tatkaal booking charges and reservation/cancellation charges have too disappointed the residents.
However, the major disappointment for Ludhiana residents was the lack of no new Shatabdi for the city.
While the announcement of a project to double the track from Ludhiana railway station to Dhuri-Jakhal has come as relief for Ludhiana, the long-pending demand for a direct train from Ludhiana to Anandpur Sahib and Nanded has still got no response from the Railways Ministry.
An inter-city train from Chandigarh to Amritsar via Ludhiana and a passenger train from Amritsar-Lalkaun via Ludhiana are some other additions to Ludhiana's basket.
Besides, Ludhiana figures among the 104 railway stations chosen for installation of escalators.
- Former Ranji player among 3 more held
- Rajasthan Royals to file FIR against tainted trio
- If found guilty, BCCI to ask ICC to erase Sreesanth records
- Top cops among 42 named in death of blast accused
- Manmohan-Li talks: PM takes tough line on incursion issue
- Security forces blame Maoists, villagers say CoBRA man was killed in 'friendly fire'