Railway engineer, wife convicted of corruption
A special CBI court convicted Friday senior Central Railway divisional engineer Arvind Mittal of criminal misconduct under Prevention of Corruption Act.
Mittal was sentenced to three years rigorous imprisonment and fined Rs 75,000, while his wife Anjali was sentenced to a year's rigorous imprisonment. She was fined
Rs 50,000.The court held Arvind and Anjali guilty of habitually demanding and accepting illegal gratification. CBI had registered a case against the two in 2003 following allegations that Mittal had Rs 12.6 lakh that was not accounted for.
- Fixing probe now reaches Bollywood, son of Dara Singh held
- BCCI cashes Pune guarantee, Sahara walks out of IPL
- Sreesanth spent Rs 1.95 lakh on clothes, bought friend BlackBerry and paid in cash: Police
- Delhi firm with MoD as client is linked to Pak cyberattacks
- After Infosys, iGATE sacks Phaneesh Murthy for sexual misconduct
- 2 weeks after harassment, Haryana schoolgirls return, cops in tow