Railway Staff College to be rechristened
- IPL spot-fixing: Chennai Super Kings owner's kin under police scanner
- BJP tears into UPA govt on 4th anniversary, says it lacks leadership
- Jessica Lal murder: Actor Shayan Munshi, ballistic expert Manocha to face perjury trial
- India seeks access from US to 26/11 terror convicts Headley, Rana
- BSE Sensex falls 49 pts, Larsen & Toubro Limited shares hit by Q4 data
The Railway Staff College of Indian Railways in Vadodara will be renamed as National Institute of Indian Railways. General Manager of Western Railway Mukesh Kumar announced this at the institute's 62nd Foundation Day function here Thursday.
The institute, which was initially founded in 1930 at Dehradun and then shifted to Vadodara in 1952, serves as the apex training and management development institute for Railways officers.
The institute also trains other Group 'A' officers of the central government and other organisations, including foreign railways.
At the function, the institute presented medals and trophies to 41 employees after their successful stint here. It also conferred distinguished alumnus award to Padmashri S B Ghosh Dastidar, retired member, Traffic, Railways.
Speaking on the occasion, chief guest and Chancellor of the Central University of Gujarat, Gandhinagar, Yogender K Alagh urged the young officers to address to the needs of the changing environment.
"You have to understand that as you grow up in your career, there is still going to be other Indian who will keep on asking for more. In the last one decade, people have moved to census towns, which have become large villages and are now towns. The government, Railways do not call them towns. But these people are going to ask for transport," he said.
- Fixing probe now reaches Bollywood, son of Dara Singh held
- BCCI cashes Pune Warriors guarantee, 'disgusted' Sahara walks out of IPL
- Sreesanth spent Rs 1.95L on clothes, bought friend BlackBerry, paid in cash: Police
- Delhi firm with MoD as client is linked to Pak cyberattacks
- After Infosys, iGATE sacks Phaneesh Murthy for sexual misconduct
- 2 weeks after harassment, Haryana schoolgirls return, cops in tow