Rain brings cheers in Saurashtra
- IPL spot-fixing case: Actor Vindoo Dara Singh arrested
- IPL 2013 LIVE SCORE: Michael Hussey, Suresh Raina propel Chennai Super Kings
- Pune Warriors withdraw from IPL, 'disgusted' by BCCI's attitude
- IPL spot fixing: How Sreesanth splurged money on girlfriend
- Li Keqiang visits TCS, Cyrus P Mistry says China important for growth of Tata Group
Rain lashed several parts of dry Saurashtra on Tuesday even as the state's eastern half received copious showers, with at least five places receiving close to 10 cms of rainfall through the day.
In the Saurashtra region, Talaja in Bhavnagar and Vanthali in Junagadh received 60 mm and 50 mm respectively, while lesser amounts fell over other parts in Surendranagar, Bhavnagar, Junagadh, Amreli and Rajkot districts.
The Meteorological Centre in Ahmedabad has reported two upper air cyclonic activities — one over the eastern half and another over Madhya Pradesh — that may be causing showers, but a low pressure system that causes sustained rains that has been hanging over Chhatisgarh has apparently not yet made it this far west.
The cyclonic activity caused up to 90 mm of rain over Nanipalson and Dharampur in Valsad, Madhbun in Dadara and Nagar Haveli, Kalol in Gandhinagar and even further north at Bayad in Sabarkantha through Tuesday.
Gandhinagar city and adjoining areas, Ukai in Surat, Ghoghamba in Narmada, Halol in Panchmahals, Kaprada in Valsad and Silvassa in Dadara and Nagar Haveli received up to 70 mm, while a handful of areas spread over Dangs, Dahod, Vadodara and Mehsana districts also received about 60 mm each.
- 'Sophisticated' Indian cyberattacks targeted Pak military sites: Report
- Talkative Li quoted Weber, Hegel, Jobs, said PM is large-hearted
- Bihar food corp ends up with chaff as rice worth Rs 535 cr vanishes from mills
- In 7 lucrative minutes on May 9, Sreesanth bowled 6 balls, bookie made Rs 2.5 cr
- India and China ask border envoys to work on more steps
- Former Ranji player among 3 more held