Raj Thackeray's anti-migrant slur merits no attention: Patil
A day after MNS president Raj Thackeray asked party workers to "teach migrants from other states indulging in crime a lesson", Maharashtra Home Minister R R Patil today said such provocation merits no attention.
"Police have better tasks to do than to take note of the statements of such people. The best approach is to ignore them," Patil told reporters while responding to a query whether police will scrutinise the speech made by Raj at a rally in Kolhapur town.
Raj had attacked migrants from other states, saying "If they indulge in crimes here, teach them a lesson."
Patil said Raj's speech showed his "true level".
- Fixing probe now reaches Bollywood, son of Dara Singh held
- BCCI cashes Pune guarantee, Sahara walks out of IPL
- 'Sree spent Rs 1.95L on clothes, bought friend BlackBerry'
- Delhi firm with MoD as client is linked to Pak cyberattacks
- After Infosys, iGATE sacks Phaneesh Murthy for sexual misconduct
- 2 weeks after harassment, Haryana schoolgirls return, cops in tow