Rajan kin’s flats raided
The Economic Offences Wing of the Mumbai police on Saturday carried out raids at two flats owned by Deepak Nikhalje, brother of gangster Chhota Rajan. However, the police said Nikhalje was absconding. Addl CP (EoW) Rajvardhan Sinha said the raids were carried out at Nikhalje's flats at Chheda Nagar, Chembur and in Ghatkopar (East). The move was in connection with an offence registered against Nikhalje in January on a complaint filed by a businessman. As per the complaint, Nikhalje duped the businessman of around Rs 6.5 crore. It says Nikhalje issued fake share certificates to him in exchange for the amount. Sources said some documents had been seized from the apartments and were under scrutiny.
- Destitute, orphan students outclass rest in Andhra Class 10 exams
- To re-energise ties, PM wants to visit US, waits for confirmation
- NIA court says no terror link, frees 'Hizbul militant' Liyaqat on bail
- CBI arrests its coal allotments investigator on bribery charge
- ‘Cricketer-bookie Amit may have used Jiju to reach Sree’
- BCCI chief N Srinivasan says police must prove spot-fixing allegations