Rajasthan govt to give free laptops to university toppers
- IPL spot-fixing case: Actor Vindoo Dara Singh arrested
- IPL 2013: Final No.5 for MS Dhoni-led Chennai Super Kings
- Pune Warriors withdraw from IPL, 'disgusted' by BCCI's attitude
- IPL spot fixing: Accused Sreesanth claims innocence
- Li Keqiang visits TCS, Cyrus P Mistry says China important for growth of Tata Group
Rajasthan government would give free laptops to toppers in graduate and post graduate courses in state universities, Chief Minister Ashok Gehlot said on Tuesday.
Speaking at a function in Rajasthan University, Gehlot said the government would give laptops to students securing top positions in all the streams at graduate and post graduate level in the state universities.
He directed the department of higher education to collect information about toppers from the universities.
He said the government had earlier taken decision to award laptops to top 10,000 students of (each) 10th and 12th state board examinations, and scholarship of Rs 500 per month to top top one lakh students of class XII state board.
Stating that the government was keen to promote the use of Information Technology, he said three-per cent of the total budget of every state department had been earmarked exclusively for this purpose.
- 'Sophisticated' Indian cyberattacks targeted Pak military sites: Report
- Talkative Li quoted Weber, Hegel, Jobs, said PM is large-hearted
- Bihar food corp ends up with chaff as rice worth Rs 535 cr vanishes from mills
- In 7 lucrative minutes on May 9, Sreesanth bowled 6 balls, bookie made Rs 2.5 cr
- India and China ask border envoys to work on more steps
- Former Ranji player among 3 more held