Rajesh Khanna doing fine, to be discharged soon
- Former Ranji player held, Sreesanth and others to be produced in court today
- Li Keqiang pitches for more Chinese investments as he backs trade balance
- All eyes on Narendra Modi as BJP set to discuss strategy for Lok Sabha polls
- SC agrees to hear PIL to stay IPL matches due to spot-fixing
- Monstrous tornado rips through US city of Oklahoma, 90 dead
Yesteryear superstar Rajesh Khanna, who is admitted in the Lilavati hospital in suburban Bandra, is much better now and will be discharged in a couple of days.
The 69-year-old actor, who was not keeping well of late, was hospitalised due to "exhaustion and weakness".
"He is much better... he is fine. He is not being discharged today... he would be here (hospital) for a couple of days," said Khanna's estranged wife Dimple Kapadia, who is now by his side.
Earlier, Dimple had said the actor would be discharged in a day or two.
Khanna's manager Ashwin had said earlier this week that the actor had stopped taking food for three-four days though he was at home.
Soon after, Kaka, as the actor is fondly referred to in the industry, emerged at the balcony of his house Aashirwad on Carter Road in suburban Bandra to wave at his fans and media persons.
His son-in-law, Bollywood star Akshay Kumar, assured media that Khanna was "hearty and healthy", but the senior actor was admitted to the hospital two days later.
Earlier in April too the actor was admitted to the hospital after he complained of uneasiness and exhaustion.
He was hailed as India's first superstar after 15 consecutive solo superhits between 1969 and 1972 including 'Aradhana', 'Haathi Mere Saathi', 'Anand' and 'Amar Prem'.
He was recently seen in his first television ad, directed by filmmaker R Balki, for Havell's fan.
- 'Sophisticated' Indian cyberattacks targeted Pak military sites: Report
- Talkative Li quoted Weber, Hegel, Jobs, said PM is large-hearted
- Bihar food corp ends up with chaff as rice worth Rs 535 cr vanishes from mills
- In 7 lucrative minutes on May 9, Sreesanth bowled 6 balls, bookie made Rs 2.5 cr
- India and China ask border envoys to work on more steps
- Former Ranji player among 3 more held