Rajesh Khanna stable, likely to be discharged soon, say doctors
- IPL spot-fixing: Chennai Super Kings owner's kin under police scanner
- BJP tears into UPA govt on 4th anniversary, says it lacks leadership
- Jessica Lal murder: Actor Shayan Munshi, ballistic expert Manocha to face perjury trial
- India seeks access from US to 26/11 terror convicts Headley, Rana
- BSE Sensex falls 49 pts, Larsen & Toubro Limited shares hit by Q4 data
Actor Rajesh Khanna who was admitted to Lilavati Hospital on Saturday is recovering and is likely to be discharged in a couple of days.
The 69-year-old actor had complained of extreme exhaustion. Sources said that Khanna had not been eating well for the past week, which led to weakness, following which the family decided to admit him to hospital.
"He has been experiencing some gastric problems but his condition is stable. He just needs to rest well," said a hospital source, denying rumours that Khanna is suffering from a chronic liver ailment.
After news spread of his ill health, Khanna on Thursday had appeared on the terrace of his home 'Aashirwad' at Carter Road along with estranged wife Dimple Kapadia and son-in-law Akshay Kumar and had waved to fans indicating that he was fine.
However, two days later, his condition deteriorated, following which his family decided to admit him to the nearby Lilavati Hospital.
Khanna had experienced a similar health scare in April this year when he complained of exhaustion and weakness after which he was admitted to the same hospital. He was discharged after three days.
- Fixing probe now reaches Bollywood, son of Dara Singh held
- BCCI cashes Pune Warriors guarantee, 'disgusted' Sahara walks out of IPL
- Sreesanth spent Rs 1.95L on clothes, bought friend BlackBerry, paid in cash: Police
- Delhi firm with MoD as client is linked to Pak cyberattacks
- After Infosys, iGATE sacks Phaneesh Murthy for sexual misconduct
- 2 weeks after harassment, Haryana schoolgirls return, cops in tow