Working with Rajinikanth is a costly question: Kamal Haasan
- Spot-fixing: Chandila was in touch with four sets of bookies, says Delhi Police
- Chinese Premier Li Keqiang arrives, to hold talks with PM on boundary, water issues
- IPL 2013: Delhi Daredevils crash to defeat, finish last
- Jaganmohan's wife attacks CBI, accuses it of working at Congress behest
- Blast accused death: UP govt seeks CBI probe, FIR against 42 persons
Fans of both Rajinikanth and Kamal Haasan have been waiting to see the two superstars re-unite on screen but the actor-filmmaker says their coming together for a film would be a costly affair.
They have done a few films together in the early stages of their career, notably 'Apoorva Raagangal', which was the breakthrough film for Haasan and the debut film of Rajinikanth.
When asked about him teaming up with Rajinikanth again, Haasan said, "Working with Rajinikanth is a costly question. If both of us starred together, there would be no money to make the film! If we have a lot of money, maybe then we can star in a film together."
Remakes and sequels are the order of the day, but ask him about revisiting his old hits like 'Sadma' and 'Ek Duje Ke Liye', Haasan says he won't fit into those films anymore.
"There are talks about making a part two of 'Sadma', where the female protagonist remembers him and comes back, but I don't think I would fit into the hero's role anymore. Moreover, a tragedy is best left at that, it is a tragedy because she doesn't return," said Haasan.
The 58-year-old actor is currently gearing up for the release of his new big-budgeted thriller 'Viswaroop', to release on January 11.
Haasan has written, directed and acted in the film, which also stars Pooja Kumar, Rahul Bose, Andrea Jeremiah and Jaideep Ahlawat.
"It is a fast-paced thriller with an international subject. It is very different from all the films that are being made in the genre of terrorism and spy thrillers. The way we have made the film is different," said Haasan.
The film will was shot simultaneously in Tamil and Hindi and also stars filmmaker Shekhar Kapur in a special role.
"Shekhar and I have been discussing about making a film togther. When I asked him to be a part of 'Viswaroop', he went about with the enthusiasm of an amateur and worked on this film," Haasan said at an event here today.
- Former Ranji player among 3 more held
- Rajasthan Royals to file FIR against tainted trio
- If found guilty, BCCI to ask ICC to erase Sreesanth records
- Top cops among 42 named in death of blast accused
- PM takes tough line on incursion issue
- Security forces blame Maoists, villagers say CoBRA man was killed in ‘friendly fire’