Rajya Sabha stalled over incarcerated 'innocent' Muslims, Narendra Modi, quota rows
Similar scenes were witnessed when the House met again as Samajwadi Party members again trooped into the Well opposing quota in promotion for SC/ST in government jobs.
In the din, Labour Minister Mallikarjun Kharge introduced a bill to amend the Child Labour (Prohibition and Regulation) Act 1986.
Deputy Chairman P J Kurien also allowed laying of papers and reports of Parliamentary Committees.
However, as the din continued, Kurien adjourned the House for the day.
SP stalls proceedings over incarcerated 'innocent' Muslims
Samajwadi Party today stalled the Question Hour in Rajya Sabha demanding release of "innocent" Muslim youth arrested on false terror charges across the country.
"Nirdosh Muslim ladko ko riha karo, riha karo (release innocent Muslim youth)," they shouted.
As Ansari did not permit them to raise the matter, they rushed into the Well and kept chanting slogans.
Within a few minutes of uproar, he adjourned the House till noon.
- Fixing probe now reaches Bollywood, son of Dara Singh held
- BCCI cashes Pune guarantee, Sahara walks out of IPL
- 'Sree spent Rs 1.95L on clothes, bought friend BlackBerry'
- Delhi firm with MoD as client is linked to Pak cyberattacks
- After Infosys, iGATE sacks Phaneesh Murthy for sexual misconduct
- 2 weeks after harassment, Haryana schoolgirls return, cops in tow