Ramdev asks Sonia to control Cong leaders
- Spot-fixing: Chandila was in touch with four sets of bookies, says Delhi Police
- Chinese Premier Li Keqiang arrives, to hold talks with PM on boundary, water issues
- IPL 2013: Delhi Daredevils crash to defeat, finish last
- Jaganmohan's wife attacks CBI, accuses it of working at Congress behest
- Blast accused death: UP govt seeks CBI probe, FIR against 42 persons
As he prepares for his indefinite protest with a three-day "self introspection" preceding it, yoga guru Ramdev today asked Congress chief Sonia Gandhi to rein in party leaders accusing them of crossing limits and warned against any conspiracy to damage his agitation.
He said he is going to the birthplace of Sardar Vallabhai Patel in Gujarat where he will spend the next three days for "self introspection".
"Frightened over the agitation from August nine, some leaders of the Congress are making statements which are beyond any decency. I request Sonia Gandhi to rein them in," he said in a statement.
Ramdev, who will be sitting on protest at the Ramlila Maidan here from where he was bundled out last year during an indefinite protest against blackmoney, also said his protest will be non-violent.
"We appeal to Delhi Police or Central government that when the whole country is passing through a crucial phase, they should not indulge in any conspiracy to hamper his Constitutional right to protest," he said.
- Quake-hit and shaken, Bhaderwah spends nights in the open
- UP blast accused dies on way to jail, govt wanted to drop case against him
- Former civil aviation secy changes mind, seeks airport security exemption as EC
- BCCI suspects Gujarat players in other teams were also approached
- Police on money trail, Sreesanth in fresh trouble
- Chhattisgarh 'encounter' leaves 8 villagers dead, no Maoist link yet