Ramdev's aide Balkrishna appears in CBI court in forgery case
- BJP tears into UPA govt on 4th anniversary, says it lacks leadership
- Madras High Court issues notice to BCCI, Sports Minister over IPL spot-fixing
- Jessica Lal murder: Actor Shayan Munshi, ballistic expert Manocha to face perjury trial
- India seeks access from US to 26/11 terror convicts Headley, Rana
- Govt further cuts import tariff value of gold
Yoga guru Ramdev's close aide Balkrishna today made an appearance in a CBI court here in connection with a forgery case.
Balkrishna came here this morning to appear before Special Judicial Magistrate Pritu Rani Sharma in connection with the case but since she was on leave, the hearing was deferred, CBI counsel Deep Narayan said.
November 27 has been fixed as the next date for hearing the case, he said.
Balkrishna is out on bail in the case in which he has been charged with cheating and criminal conspiracy by using fake degrees for procuring an Indian passport in violation of Section 12 of the Indian Passport Act.
He was granted bail in the case by the Uttarakhand High Court on August 16 this year.
Talking to reporters outside the court premises, Balkrishna accused the government of harassing him and shielding its own "tainted" functionaries.
"I welcome the probe going on against me but the government is doing all this to harass us. Had its intentions been fair, it would have also ordered probe against its own people facing much more serious charges than me," he said.
- Fixing probe now reaches Bollywood, son of Dara Singh held
- BCCI cashes Pune Warriors guarantee, 'disgusted' Sahara walks out of IPL
- Sreesanth spent Rs 1.95L on clothes, bought friend BlackBerry, paid in cash: Police
- Delhi firm with MoD as client is linked to Pak cyberattacks
- After Infosys, iGATE sacks Phaneesh Murthy for sexual misconduct
- 2 weeks after harassment, Haryana schoolgirls return, cops in tow