Rampant corruption in Punjab: Sisodia
- IPL spot-fixing case: Actor Vindoo Dara Singh arrested
- IPL 2013: Final No.5 for MS Dhoni-led Chennai Super Kings
- Pune Warriors withdraw from IPL, 'disgusted' by BCCI's attitude
- IPL spot fixing: Accused Sreesanth claims innocence
- Li Keqiang visits TCS, Cyrus P Mistry says China important for growth of Tata Group
India Against Corruption (IAC) member Manish Sisodia has alleged that rampant corruption is prevailing in Punjab and there have been cases in which land has been allocated to various private companies for setting up of their units in a fashion almost similar to that in which the Congress-led Haryana government had allotted land to DLF on the advice of Robert Vadra, the son-in-law of Congress president Sonia Gandhi.
Sisodia, who was addressing a press conference at Punjabi Bhawan here on Monday, alleged that the ruling SAD-BJP combine in Punjab and its predecessor Congress government in the state indulged in rampant corruption in allocating land, toll barriers and other things.
He alleged that corruption had been taking place in an institutionalised manner in Punjab.
Replying to a question, he said IAC had never hidden anything about BJP president Nitin Gadkari. Whatever facts they had against Gadkari, they were told to the people. Similar was the case with Union Agriculture Minister Sharad Pawar.
The IAC member lauded the media for supporting his organisation in its campaign against corruption. He said that the media had highlighted many other facts after they exposed alleged corruption cases of these political leaders.
To a question, he said they would be contesting the Lok Sabha elections on their own in Punjab, and ruled out any possibility of alliance with the PPP led by Manpreet Badal.
Sisodia said they had been running their campaign either from Ramlila Maidan or Jantar Mantar in Delhi so far. But now they would be doing this from other parts of the country too. They would be soon expanding their base in Punjab.
- 'Sophisticated' Indian cyberattacks targeted Pak military sites: Report
- Talkative Li quoted Weber, Hegel, Jobs, said PM is large-hearted
- Bihar food corp ends up with chaff as rice worth Rs 535 cr vanishes from mills
- In 7 lucrative minutes on May 9, Sreesanth bowled 6 balls, bookie made Rs 2.5 cr
- India and China ask border envoys to work on more steps
- Former Ranji player among 3 more held