Ranbir Kapoor sings promotional song for 'Barfi!'
- IPL spot-fixing case: Actor Vindoo Dara Singh arrested
- IPL 2013 LIVE SCORE: Michael Hussey, Suresh Raina propel Chennai Super Kings
- Pune Warriors withdraw from IPL, 'disgusted' by BCCI's attitude
- IPL spot fixing: How Sreesanth splurged money on girlfriend
- Li Keqiang visits TCS, Cyrus P Mistry says China important for growth of Tata Group
Actor Ranbir Kapoor has turned singer, lending his voice to a promotional song for his upcoming film 'Barfi!'.
Ranbir has sung a song called 'Phataphati' (Bengali word for awesome), the first few lines of which are in Bengali, while the rest in Hindi.
The film's director Anurag Basu and music composer Pritam have contributed to the track's vocals.
"We have recorded a song called 'Phataphati', Ranbir has lent his voice to the track and it turned out very well. However, as we had already recorded the song and shot the video, we decided to release it at a later stage.
"It will be available on the internet and air on television. It will not be in the film. It's a fun song that we wanted the people to see and enjoy," said Anurag.
A promotional video of the song have also been shot.
Ranbir plays a deaf and mute person in the film, which also stars Priyanka Chopra and Ileana D'Cruz.
- 'Sophisticated' Indian cyberattacks targeted Pak military sites: Report
- Talkative Li quoted Weber, Hegel, Jobs, said PM is large-hearted
- Bihar food corp ends up with chaff as rice worth Rs 535 cr vanishes from mills
- In 7 lucrative minutes on May 9, Sreesanth bowled 6 balls, bookie made Rs 2.5 cr
- India and China ask border envoys to work on more steps
- Former Ranji player among 3 more held