Rani Mukherji to work with Sanjay Leela Bhansali again
- Former Ranji player held, Sreesanth and others to be produced in court today
- Li Keqiang pitches for more Chinese investments as he backs trade balance
- All eyes on Narendra Modi as BJP set to discuss strategy for Lok Sabha polls
- SC agrees to hear PIL to stay IPL matches due to spot-fixing
- Monstrous tornado rips through US city of Oklahoma, 90 dead
After essaying critically acclaimed roles in Sanjay Leela Bhansali's Black and Saawariya, actress Rani Mukherji is likely to team up with the filmmaker again on the big screen.
"I first worked with him (Sanjay Leela Bhansali) in Black. I am happy to be a part of that film. He has promised me that he will make more films with me," Rani, who is a close friend of Bhansali, told reporters.
Rani walked down the memory lane, recollecting the time she agreed to be part of Black, in which she played a blind, deaf and mute girl.
"He gifted me Black. It was wonderful to work with him on a film like that. I remember I was in Italy when Sanjay offered me the film. I liked it and agreed to be part of it. I must say he shocked everyone with the movie. My journey with him has been wonderful," Rani said.
Dressed in a red sari, the Bengali beauty had come to launch Bhansali's debut TV show SaraswatiChandra - a classic love story - and give him best wishes.
"I will always be there for him. He is my good friend and favourite director. This is his debut on television and I wish him good luck. I want everyone to watch this show.
"I am sure that like his films Devdas, Hum Dil De Chuke Sanam, Black and others, even this show will be spectacular," she said.
The show has popular TV actors Gautam Rode and Jennifer Winget in lead roles.
"I am sure we would get a wonderful pair on screen with this show. I am hopeful audience will like them. They are a lovely pair on screen," Rani said.
- 'Sophisticated' Indian cyberattacks targeted Pak military sites: Report
- Talkative Li quoted Weber, Hegel, Jobs, said PM is large-hearted
- Bihar food corp ends up with chaff as rice worth Rs 535 cr vanishes from mills
- In 7 lucrative minutes on May 9, Sreesanth bowled 6 balls, bookie made Rs 2.5 cr
- India and China ask border envoys to work on more steps
- Former Ranji player among 3 more held