Ranji trophy: J&K end Day 1 on 240/7 against Assam
- Trouble mounts for Sreesanth as Mumbai cops gather more evidence
- SIT to seek Supreme Court guidance on Maya Kodnani death penalty issue
- Tamil Nadu police bans Yasin Malik-linked pro-Eelam public meeting
- Kings XI Punjab end IPL 2013 campaign with a win
- Narendra Modi: India losing sheen as agricultural nation
Medium pacer Arup Das scalped four wickets before Parvez Rassol scored a fine half century to guide Jammu and Kashmir to 240 for seven at the end of the opening day's play against Assam in a Ranji Trophy Group C match here today.
Arup registered impressive figures of four for 58 to emerge as the star performer with the ball for Assam at the Nehru Stadium.
In reply, Rasool shone with the bat for the visitors with a 88-ball 67-run knock during which he hit eight boundaries and one six.
Hardeep Singh (39), Bandeep Singh (36)and Ram Dayal also got starts but failed to make them count.
At stumps, wicket-keeper Obaid Haroon was unbeaten on 35 while giving him company at the other end was Waseem Raza on 12.
Jammu and Kashmir: 240 for seven in 90 overs (Parvez Rasool 67, Hardeep Singh 39; Arup Das 4/58).
- Quake-hit and shaken, Bhaderwah spends nights in the open
- UP blast accused dies on way to jail, govt wanted to drop case against him
- Former civil aviation secy changes mind, seeks airport security exemption as EC
- BCCI suspects Gujarat players in other teams were also approached
- Mumbai police say they too may seek custody of arrested pacer
- Chhattisgarh 'encounter' leaves 8 villagers dead, no Maoist link yet