Ranji trophy: Jammu Kashmir defeat Kerala by 74 runs
- IPL spot-fixing case: Net widens, police watching 3 more players, other bookies
- IPL 2013: Imperious Brad Hodge powers Rajasthan Royals to four-wicket win
- Sonia Gandhi, PM Manmohan Singh slam BJP for disrupting Parliament, stalling bills
- IPL spot-fixing: 'Bookie' Vindoo was close to BCCI chief's son-in-law, say cops
- Jessica Lall case: Shayan Munshi to face perjury trial
Accurate bowling by Jammu and Kashmir's Parvez Rasool (5/43) and M Gupta(5/26) helped their team to dismiss Kerala for 129 in their second innings and fetch them a 76-runs victory on the penultimate day of their four-day Ranji Trophy Group C match, here today.
Needing 204 for an outright win, Kerala batsmen failed to negotiate Rasool and Gupta, who bowled accurately and did not give a chance to the Kerala batsmen to make a recovery at the Perinthalmanna cricket stadium ground.
Kerala were bundled out in their second innings for a paltry score of 129. Openers Abhishek Hegde 22 and V A Jagadeesh 25 were the main scorers.
Earlier, resuming at their overnight score of 68/3 in their second innings, JK could add only 83 more runs before being all out for 151. Obaid Ahmed chipped in with 32 and Ian Dev Singh scored 37, while Kerala's Prashant captured 5 wickets conceding only 16 runs, and Sreejith claimed 3/56.
With this win JK bagged six points.
JK: 215 and 151 ( I D Singh 37, O Ahmed 32, Prashant 16/5, Sreejith 56/3, R Prem 29/2)
Kerala: 163 and 129 (A M Hegde 22, V A Jagadeesh 25, P Rasool 43/5, M Gupta 26/5).
- Fixing probe now reaches Bollywood, son of Dara Singh held
- BCCI cashes Pune Warriors guarantee, 'disgusted' Sahara walks out of IPL
- Sreesanth spent Rs 1.95L on clothes, bought friend BlackBerry, paid in cash: Police
- Delhi firm with MoD as client is linked to Pak cyberattacks
- After Infosys, iGATE sacks Phaneesh Murthy for sexual misconduct
- 2 weeks after harassment, Haryana schoolgirls return, cops in tow