Ranji trophy: Jammu Kashmir defeat Kerala by 74 runs
- Trouble mounts for Sreesanth as Mumbai cops gather more evidence
- SIT to seek Supreme Court guidance on Maya Kodnani death penalty issue
- Tamil Nadu police bans Yasin Malik-linked pro-Eelam public meeting
- Kings XI Punjab end IPL 2013 campaign with a win
- Narendra Modi: India losing sheen as agricultural nation
Accurate bowling by Jammu and Kashmir's Parvez Rasool (5/43) and M Gupta(5/26) helped their team to dismiss Kerala for 129 in their second innings and fetch them a 76-runs victory on the penultimate day of their four-day Ranji Trophy Group C match, here today.
Needing 204 for an outright win, Kerala batsmen failed to negotiate Rasool and Gupta, who bowled accurately and did not give a chance to the Kerala batsmen to make a recovery at the Perinthalmanna cricket stadium ground.
Kerala were bundled out in their second innings for a paltry score of 129. Openers Abhishek Hegde 22 and V A Jagadeesh 25 were the main scorers.
Earlier, resuming at their overnight score of 68/3 in their second innings, JK could add only 83 more runs before being all out for 151. Obaid Ahmed chipped in with 32 and Ian Dev Singh scored 37, while Kerala's Prashant captured 5 wickets conceding only 16 runs, and Sreejith claimed 3/56.
With this win JK bagged six points.
JK: 215 and 151 ( I D Singh 37, O Ahmed 32, Prashant 16/5, Sreejith 56/3, R Prem 29/2)
Kerala: 163 and 129 (A M Hegde 22, V A Jagadeesh 25, P Rasool 43/5, M Gupta 26/5).
- Quake-hit and shaken, Bhaderwah spends nights in the open
- UP blast accused dies on way to jail, govt wanted to drop case against him
- Former civil aviation secy changes mind, seeks airport security exemption as EC
- BCCI suspects Gujarat players in other teams were also approached
- Police on money trail, Sreesanth in fresh trouble
- Chhattisgarh 'encounter' leaves 8 villagers dead, no Maoist link yet