Ranji Trophy: Mumbai settles for draw against Saurashtra
Despite the need for an outright win, Mumbai today settled for a draw in their group "A" match against Saurashtra when they restricted the hosts to 300 and then decided to bat again instead of imposing follow-on.
Mumbai got three points while Saurashtra got one point. Mumbai had piled up 606 runs for the loss of five wickets in the first innings.
Arpit Vasavada's century was the only highlight of the day, as hosts, resuming at overnight 248 for 8, managed to add another 52 runs. Vasavada, who was on 83, completed his century and remained unbeaten on 111 runs. He was supported
well by Jaydev Unadkat who made 28 as the duo added 70 runs for the ninth wicket.
Dhawal Kulkarni removed Unadkat and then Siddharth Trivedi and finished with impressive figures of four for 58.
However, captain Ajit Agarkar did not enforce follow- on and decided to bat again. In the second innings, Mumbai made 169 for four.
Wasim Jaffer (71) and Rohit Sharma (71) were the notable contributors for Mumbai. Ankit Chavan (1) and Iqbal Abdulla (0) were at the crease when both the captain agreed to call off the match. Mumbai now have 14 points while Saurashtra have 16.
Brief Scores: Mumbai 606 for 5 declared and 169 for four (Wasim Jaffer 71, Rohit Sharma 71) against Saurashtra 300 (Arpit Vasavada not out 111, Jaydev Shah 60, Dhawal Kulkarni 4-58, Javed Khan 2-43).
- Fixing probe now reaches Bollywood, son of Dara Singh held
- BCCI cashes Pune guarantee, Sahara walks out of IPL
- Sreesanth spent Rs 1.95L on clothes, bought friend BlackBerry, paid in cash: Police
- Delhi firm with MoD as client is linked to Pak cyberattacks
- After Infosys, iGATE sacks Phaneesh Murthy for sexual misconduct
- 2 weeks after harassment, Haryana schoolgirls return, cops in tow