Ranji trophy: Point each for Assam, Himachal
- IPL spot-fixing case: Net widens, police watching 3 more players, other bookies
- IPL 2013: Imperious Brad Hodge powers Rajasthan Royals to qualifier
- Sonia Gandhi, PM Manmohan Singh slam BJP for disrupting Parliament, stalling bills
- IPL spot-fixing: 'Bookie' Vindoo was close to BCCI chief's son-in-law, say cops
- Jessica Lall case: Shayan Munshi to face perjury trial
Assam and Himachal Pradesh shared a point each as their Group C Ranji Trophy match ended in a tame draw here today.
Replying to Assam's first-innings total of 354, Himachal Pradesh were 316 for five when stumps were drawn for the final time at the end of fourth day's play.
Since the hosts could not bowl out Himachal, Assam had to be content with a point.
Struggling at 173 for five at one stage, Himachal were saved by Rishi Dhawan's unbeaten knock of 114, and his 143-run sixth-wicket partnership with Aatish Bhalaik, who remained unbeaten on 57 at the Nehru Stadium.
Dhawan slammed 15 fours and a six during his 165-ball knock, while wicketkeeper-batsman Bhalik found the fence eight times.
Assam 1st innings: 354 all out in 117.5 overs
Himachal Pradesh 1st innings: 316 for five in 124 overs (Dhawan not out 114).
Points: Assam 1, Himachal 1.
- Fixing probe now reaches Bollywood, son of Dara Singh held
- BCCI cashes Pune Warriors guarantee, 'disgusted' Sahara walks out of IPL
- Sreesanth spent Rs 1.95L on clothes, bought friend BlackBerry, paid in cash: Police
- Delhi firm with MoD as client is linked to Pak cyberattacks
- After Infosys, iGATE sacks Phaneesh Murthy for sexual misconduct
- 2 weeks after harassment, Haryana schoolgirls return, cops in tow