Ranji Trophy: Services in command, bowl out Assam for 182
- Trouble mounts for Sreesanth as Mumbai cops gather more evidence
- SIT to seek Supreme Court guidance on Maya Kodnani death penalty issue
- Tamil Nadu police bans Yasin Malik-linked pro-Eelam public meeting
- Kings XI Punjab end IPL 2013 campaign with a win
- Narendra Modi: India losing sheen as agricultural nation
Medium pacer Suraj Yadav scalped four wickets as Services produced a lethal bowling display to bundle out Assam for 182 runs in their first innings at stumps on the opening day of their four-day Ranji Trophy Group C match here today.
Yadav starred with the ball for Services with figures of 4-58, while Nishan Singh (2-34), Shahdab Nazar (2-40) and Yashpal Sinha (2-10) picked up two wickets apiece to spell the doom for Assam.
Assam struggled miserably at the Palam ground here as none of their batsmen could reach the 30-run mark. Four batsmen of the visiting team got starts but fizzled out in their 20s.
Opener Pallav Kumar Das (27), Tarjinder Singh (29), Rajdeep Das (26) and Dhiraj Goswami (22) all made decent stars but failed to prolong their stays at the crease.
In reply, Services were 11 for no loss with skipper Soomik Chatarjee batting on six while the other opener Praitk Desai retired hurt on four.
Assam: 182 all out in 78.3 overs (Tarjinder Singh 29, Pallav Kumar Das 27; Suraj Yadav 4/58). Services: 11 for no loss (Soomik Chatarjee 6 not out).
- Destitute, orphan students outclass rest in Andhra Class 10 exams
- To re-energise ties, PM wants to visit US, waits for confirmation
- NIA court says no terror link, frees 'Hizbul militant' Liyaqat on bail
- CBI arrests its coal allotments investigator on bribery charge
- ‘Cricketer-bookie Amit may have used Jiju to reach Sree’
- BCCI chief N Srinivasan says police must prove spot-fixing allegations