Rape-on-wheels case: S-I summoned
- Spot-fixing: Petition in SC seeks stay on IPL matches, demands SIT probe
- India, China call for end to incursion issue, sign 8 deals to boost ties
- Sanjay Dutt spends restless nights as officials yet to decide on his jail
- Aarushi murder case: Rajesh Talwar claims he was asleep when killings took place
- Yahoo! says will acquire Tumblr for $1.1 bn, eyes billion visitors mark
A local court summoned Sub-Inspector Nirmal Singh, the police officer who reached the crime spot in the rape-on-wheels case in which former UT home secretary N K Jain was accused, on Monday.
Jain had allegedly picked up a Shimla-based girl in 2002 from a computer centre in Sector 20 promising that he would provide her a job. On their way to Panchkula, the victim alleged that Jain offered her an intoxicated cold drink. Later, Jain allegedly raped and dumped near the Sector-33 petrol pump.
A local court framed charges of gangrape and criminal conspiracy against Jain along with Ram Lal, Surinder Sharma, Baldev Kumar and Narvir Singh, the co-accused. However, during the proceedings of the case, six witnesses turned hostile. The next hearing of the case will be held on November 9.
- Former Ranji player among 3 more held
- Rajasthan Royals to file FIR against tainted trio
- If found guilty, BCCI to ask ICC to erase Sreesanth records
- Top cops among 42 named in death of blast accused
- Manmohan-Li talks: PM takes tough line on incursion issue
- Security forces blame Maoists, villagers say CoBRA man was killed in 'friendly fire'