‘RBI finds 154 cases of misuse of ECB funds’
- Spot-fixing: Chandila was in touch with four sets of bookies, says Delhi Police
- Chinese Premier Li Keqiang arrives, to hold talks with PM on boundary, water issues
- IPL 2013: Delhi Daredevils crash to defeat, finish last
- Jaganmohan's wife attacks CBI, accuses it of working at Congress behest
- Blast accused death: UP govt seeks CBI probe, FIR against 42 persons
Reliance Communications, Reliance Infratel, Huawei Technologies and Walt Disney Company (India) are among the companies which misused or diverted funds raised from abroad under the ECB route in the last three years, Parliament was informed on Friday.
The RBI has found as many as 154 contraventions of External Commercial Borrowings (ECBs) since 2009-10, minister of state for finance Namo Narain Meena said in a written reply in the Lok Sabha. The other companies include Educomp Solutions, Shri Adhikari Brothers Television Networks, DB Corp Ltd, Metro Cash & Carry India Pvt Ltd and Blackrock India Pvt Ltd, he added.
- Quake-hit and shaken, Bhaderwah spends nights in the open
- UP blast accused dies on way to jail, govt wanted to drop case against him
- Former civil aviation secy changes mind, seeks airport security exemption as EC
- BCCI suspects Gujarat players in other teams were also approached
- Police on money trail, Sreesanth in fresh trouble
- Chhattisgarh 'encounter' leaves 8 villagers dead, no Maoist link yet