Rebels likely to upset calculations
- IPL spot-fixing: Chennai Super Kings owner's kin under police scanner
- BJP tears into UPA govt on 4th anniversary, says it lacks leadership
- Jessica Lal murder: Actor Shayan Munshi, ballistic expert Manocha to face perjury trial
- India seeks access from US to 26/11 terror convicts Headley, Rana
- BSE Sensex falls 49 pts, Larsen & Toubro Limited shares hit by Q4 data
However, the BJP rebels seem to be in no mood to retire. "I have already begun my campaign, and have set up quick response teams at 98 booths. The party has obliged a person whose caste certificate has been challenged in the high court. Why should I forgo my claim to the seat when I have toured every segments of the constituency after being given a go ahead for Solan," reasoned a senior leader in the fray, H N Kashyap.
In Jawali, Sudha Sushant, wife of sitting BJP MP Rajan Sushant, is fighting election as an independent. At Sujanpur, Rajender Rana, a close confident of Dhumal, has decided to contest against sitting MLA Urmil Thakur.
- Fixing probe now reaches Bollywood, son of Dara Singh held
- BCCI cashes Pune Warriors guarantee, 'disgusted' Sahara walks out of IPL
- Sreesanth spent Rs 1.95L on clothes, bought friend BlackBerry, paid in cash: Police
- Delhi firm with MoD as client is linked to Pak cyberattacks
- After Infosys, iGATE sacks Phaneesh Murthy for sexual misconduct
- 2 weeks after harassment, Haryana schoolgirls return, cops in tow