Recruitment scam at Nagpur Ordnance Factory
- Sreesanth, Jiju Janardhan lived in independently booked rooms: Cops
- India to convey concerns over Ladakh incursion to Chinese Premier
- IPL 2013 LIVE SCORE: Maxwell falls early in stiff run-chase
- Narendra Modi: India losing sheen as agricultural nation
- Rajapaksa slams Tamil diaspora for lack of support in reconciliation process
CBI here has registered offences against against Bhabatosh Basant Mazumdar, an examiner and a union leader at Ordnance Factory (OF) and his son Soman Mazumdar and other OF officials for accepting bribe to the tune of Rs3-4 lakh per candidate for recruitment of labourers.
SP Sandip Tamgadge said, "Nearly 25,000 applicants had applied for 250 posts and appeared for the preliminary examination on February 1. Of these, approximately 5,000 appeared for the main exam Sunday, February 24. "
"CBI had information about demand of Rs 3.5 lakh being made for facilitating recruitment. A trap was laid and Soman was caught. He confessed to his and his father's involvement and senior OF officers," he added.
- Destitute, orphan students outclass rest in Andhra Class 10 exams
- To re-energise ties, PM wants to visit US, waits for confirmation
- NIA court says no terror link, frees 'Hizbul militant' Liyaqat on bail
- CBI arrests its coal allotments investigator on bribery charge
- ‘Cricketer-bookie Amit may have used Jiju to reach Sree’
- BCCI chief N Srinivasan says police must prove spot-fixing allegations