Region: 13 lakh multiple LPG connections
- BJP tears into UPA govt on 4th anniversary, says it lacks leadership
- Madras High Court issues notice to BCCI, Sports Minister over IPL spot-fixing
- Jessica Lal murder: Actor Shayan Munshi, ballistic expert Manocha to face perjury trial
- India seeks access from US to 26/11 terror convicts Headley, Rana
- Govt further cuts import tariff value of gold
State-owned Indian Oil Corporation has found about 13 lakh suspected multiple connections of LPG in northern states, roughly 26 per cent of total connections in the region. "We have found about 12.97 lakh LPG connections which are suspected to be multiple and we are taking action after verifying them," an official of Indian Oil said.
These multiple connections have been found in Punjab, Himachal Pradesh, Chandigarh and Jammu and Kashmir where Indian Oil has nearly 50 lakh LPG connections. Of total multiple connections, the company found 11.84 lakh connections under 'different names same address' category while rest are under 'same name same address', he said.
Out of multiple connections detected so far, about 12.21 lakh have either been blocked, deactivated or terminated by the Indian Oil.
- Fixing probe now reaches Bollywood, son of Dara Singh held
- BCCI cashes Pune Warriors guarantee, 'disgusted' Sahara walks out of IPL
- Sreesanth spent Rs 1.95L on clothes, bought friend BlackBerry, paid in cash: Police
- Delhi firm with MoD as client is linked to Pak cyberattacks
- After Infosys, iGATE sacks Phaneesh Murthy for sexual misconduct
- 2 weeks after harassment, Haryana schoolgirls return, cops in tow