Rehri vendor found dead
- Trouble mounts for Sreesanth as Mumbai cops gather more evidence
- SIT to seek Supreme Court guidance on Maya Kodnani death penalty issue
- Tamil Nadu police bans Yasin Malik-linked pro-Eelam public meeting
- Kings XI Punjab end IPL 2013 campaign with a win
- Narendra Modi: India losing sheen as agricultural nation
A rehri vendor in his 50s was found dead in his house on Dugri Road on Monday.
Mahadev Singh used to sell boiled eggs on a rehri near a level crossing. He was living in a rented quarter of one Karnail Singh. Sources said Karnail had got many of his quarters vacated and had demolished them. Only a few quarters were left, and Mahadev was living in one of them.
On Monday evening, one of Mahadev's friends came to meet him and found his door locked. When the door was opened, Mahadev was found dead. There were injury marks on his body caused by a sharp-edged weapon.
Station House Officer Devinder Kumar and other police officers rushed to the spot.
A case has been registered.
- Destitute, orphan students outclass rest in Andhra Class 10 exams
- To re-energise ties, PM wants to visit US, waits for confirmation
- NIA court says no terror link, frees 'Hizbul militant' Liyaqat on bail
- CBI arrests its coal allotments investigator on bribery charge
- ‘Cricketer-bookie Amit may have used Jiju to reach Sree’
- BCCI chief N Srinivasan says police must prove spot-fixing allegations