Rekha not a part of Krrish 2
- IPL spot-fixing case: Net widens, police watching 3 more players, other bookies
- IPL 2013 LIVE SCORE: Regular wickets keep Sunrisers Hyderabad in the hunt
- Sonia Gandhi, PM Manmohan Singh slam BJP for disrupting Parliament, stalling bills
- IPL spot-fixing: 'Bookie' Vindoo was close to BCCI chief's son-in-law, say cops
- Jessica Lall case: Shayan Munshi to face perjury trial
There is much speculation about who will be in Rakesh Roshan's Krrish 2, the sequel to his science fiction superhero thriller, Krrish.
Hrithik Roshan and Priyanka Chopra played the lead pair in the original. Hrithik played Krishna, a boy with supernatural powers who follows his girlfriend to Singapore. Rekha was perfect as his protective grandmother and Naseeruddin Shah as the evil Dr Siddhanth.
Like the original, this time round too Hrithik will play superhero. But Rekha will not be a part of the film. It has also been confirmed that Vivek Oberoi is to play a strong negative character for which at one time Shah Rukh Khan and Ajay Devgn were considered. Likewise, Chitrangda Singh is to play a vamp in the film. Names like Deepika Padukone and Katrina Kaif were tossed around for the female lead, but it is Priyanka who is confirmed for the sequel.
This time, the science fiction will be a bigger budget extravaganza. If all goes well, Krrish 2 is expected to go on the floors in India in October this year. Rakesh Roshan will be directing the movie.
- Fixing probe now reaches Bollywood, son of Dara Singh held
- BCCI cashes Pune Warriors guarantee, 'disgusted' Sahara walks out of IPL
- Sreesanth spent Rs 1.95L on clothes, bought friend BlackBerry, paid in cash: Police
- Delhi firm with MoD as client is linked to Pak cyberattacks
- After Infosys, iGATE sacks Phaneesh Murthy for sexual misconduct
- 2 weeks after harassment, Haryana schoolgirls return, cops in tow