Relatives refuse to claim body of man whose daughter was gangraped
- IPL spot-fixing: Chennai Super Kings owner's kin under police scanner
- BJP tears into UPA govt on 4th anniversary, says it lacks leadership
- Jessica Lal murder: Actor Shayan Munshi, ballistic expert Manocha to face perjury trial
- India seeks access from US to 26/11 terror convicts Headley, Rana
- BSE Sensex falls 49 pts, Larsen & Toubro Limited shares hit by Q4 data
Having committed suicides two days ago after learning that his daughter had been gangraped, the body of the man is still lying at Hisar's civil hospital's mortuary as his relatives and family members refused to claim his body and demanded stern action against the eight names in the FIR registered on charges of gangrape.
A 100-strong agitated mob, including residents of Dabra village Ė from where the man hailed, also reached the Deputy Commissioner's office and lodged their protest
"The protesters are demanding immediate arrest of all the boys involved in the alleged gangrape of the victim's daughter. We are conducting raids at various places and shall nab all the culprits soon," said Assistant Sub-Inspector Harish Bhardwaj.
On September 9, a 16-year-old Dalit girl was allegedly gangraped by her boyfriend Mahender and his seven friends. She informed her parents of the incident on September 18, following which her father committed suicide the next day.
In her statement to the police, the girl alleged she ran into Mahender while she was on her way to her uncle's house in Patel Nagar in Hisar. Mahender, then, allegedly took her to a secluded spot and raped her. The girl added that Mahender also called his seven friends, forcibly made her consume some tablets and then raped her. She was later dumped near her uncle's house.
"When we questioned the girl, she told us that she was taken to some fields near a canal on Tosham road, where seven boys including Mahender raped her and five stood guard. It is an unfortunate incident and we shall soon arrest all those responsible," ASI Bhardwaj added.
Villagers have declared that they will intensify their protests and will also not cremate the body until all the accused were arrested. Hisar police has booked Mahender, Ajay, Pawan and Vikas, residents of Dabra village, and their accomplices - who are yet to be identified.
- Fixing probe now reaches Bollywood, son of Dara Singh held
- BCCI cashes Pune Warriors guarantee, 'disgusted' Sahara walks out of IPL
- Sreesanth spent Rs 1.95L on clothes, bought friend BlackBerry, paid in cash: Police
- Delhi firm with MoD as client is linked to Pak cyberattacks
- After Infosys, iGATE sacks Phaneesh Murthy for sexual misconduct
- 2 weeks after harassment, Haryana schoolgirls return, cops in tow