Remove cremation structure, face consequences: Shiv Sainiks
- IPL spot-fixing: Chennai Super Kings owner's kin under police scanner
- IPL 2013 LIVE SCORE: Sunrisers Hyderabad vs Rajasthan Royals
- Jessica Lall murder: Actor Shayan Munshi, ballistic expert Manocha to face perjury trial
- BJP tears into UPA govt on 4th anniversary, says it lacks leadership
- BCCI was forced to encash Pune Warriors' bank guarantee: Sanjay Jagdale
BMC had issued a notice to Sena Monday warning of action if platform was not brought down immediately
In A show of strength, a group of Shiv Sainiks led by Thane MLAs Eknath Shinde and Pratap Sarnaik gathered at Shivaji Park in Dadar Saturday to oppose dismantling of a platform set up for cremation of party chief Bal Thackeray.
For past several days, Sena members from different parts of the city have been taking turns to guard the platform.
Many banners and hoardings threatening dire consequences if anyone tried to demolish the platform have also been put up in and around Shivaji Park.
BMC had issued a notice to Sena Monday warning of legal action if the structure was not brought down immediately. The civic body said platform stood in violation of the funeral permission.
Sena is yet to reply to the notice. Asked what steps Sainiks would take if BMC tried to raze the platform, a party member from Thane pointed to a large board right in front of the platform.
The board, loosely translated in English, read: 'Beware of coming forward to take action. Anyone who tries to do so will be torn to shreds! For Saheb, we are prepared for anything, anytime and anywhere'. "That sums it up," the party worker said.
Boards at Shivaji Park are competing to openly threaten the authorities against removing the structure.
One, a little away from the platform, appeared to say Shiv Sainiks were Maratha king Shivaji's soldiers.
"Let any number of crows cry themselves hoarse about removing the platform. If you try to move even one brick, Saheb's mavalas will give you a fitting reply," it said.
Another board along a road leading to Shivaji Park had a cartoon depicting Shivaji and Bal Thackeray embracing each other in heaven.
- Fixing probe now reaches Bollywood, son of Dara Singh held
- BCCI cashes Pune Warriors guarantee, 'disgusted' Sahara walks out of IPL
- Sreesanth spent Rs 1.95L on clothes, bought friend BlackBerry, paid in cash: Police
- Delhi firm with MoD as client is linked to Pak cyberattacks
- After Infosys, iGATE sacks Phaneesh Murthy for sexual misconduct
- 2 weeks after harassment, Haryana schoolgirls return, cops in tow