Renault India commences first shipment of Duster to UK
- IPL spot-fixing case: Net widens, police watching 3 more players, other bookies
- IPL 2013: Imperious Brad Hodge powers Rajasthan Royals to qualifier
- Sonia Gandhi, PM Manmohan Singh slam BJP for disrupting Parliament, stalling bills
- IPL spot-fixing: 'Bookie' Vindoo was close to BCCI chief's son-in-law, say cops
- Jessica Lall case: Shayan Munshi to face perjury trial
Renault India has commenced its first shipment of sports utility vehicle Duster from Chennai to the UK, joining a host of auto majors in the country to do so.
A subsidiary of Renault S A S, France, Renault India shipped 350 units of Duster to the UK and Ireland from nearby Ennore Port, making it the company's first foray into right-hand drive markets across the globe, the company said.
Renault in association with Japanese auto-major Nissan has jointly set up a manufacturing facility at Oragadam near Chennai at an investment of Rs 4,500 crore, it said.
The plant is Renault's only manufacturing facility globally to produce the Right-hand drive version of the 'Duster', which will be sold in the domestic market as well as overseas.
Renault India has a capacity to produce four lakh units at the facility.
The export consignment to the UK and Ireland markets would be 4x2 and 4x4 variants and have undergone modifications to meet individual market regulations, the compaby said.
"We will continue to focus on meeting domestic demand in India, while also exploring new opportunities in exports and in making India the global hub for right-hand drive vehicles", Renault India Managing Director Marc Nassif said.
Noting that India is set to become one of the top 10 markets for the company by 2013, he said Renault has been registering rapid growth with launch of five models and 75 dealerships being set up in less than 18 months.
He said the company also planned to increase the dealership base to 100 by end of this financial year.
Renault launched "Duster" in the domestic market in July and till November 2012, the company has sold 19,000 units in the domestic market, he said.
Renault currently offers premium sedan Fluence, luxury SUV Koleos, premium compact hatchback Pulse, premium sedan Scala besides SUV Duster in India.
- Paddy shortfall blamed for mystery death of procurement officer
- 'Bookie' Vindoo was close to BCCI chief’s son-in-law: cops
- Net widens, police watching three more players, new set of bookies
- Suspected Islamists behead soldier on London street
- Malegaon 2006 case: NIA names four right wing terror suspects
- BJP invokes 'sarcasm, ridicule' against PM