Reopening 20-yr-old case a conspiracy: Deepa Dasmunsi
- IPL spot-fixing case: Actor Vindoo Dara Singh arrested in Mumbai
- Supreme Court rules out ban on IPL matches, slams BCCI over spot-fixing
- Li Keqiang pitches for more Chinese investments as he backs trade balance
- Narendra Modi holds talks with Advani ahead of BJP's strategy meeting in Delhi
- Aarushi murder case: HC rejects Talwars' plea to examine 14 witnesses
A day after The Indian Express reported that Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee has ordered the resumption of a CID probe into the disappearance of theatre artist Biman Bhattacharjee, who allegedly lived with Deepa Dasmunsi (wife of Priya Ranjan Dasmunsi), then Deepa Ghosh, till he went missing in 1992, the Congress MP from Raiganj on Monday said that she was ready to face any probe by the state government.
Deepa said that she was being hit below the belt and will not take it lying down, and there was no dearth of issues that she could also rake up if pushed to corner. Deepa said this at the sidelines of a Congress rally in support of FDI at Hazra Crossing here.
"It's a conspiracy... politically motivated. I am ready to face any challenge. I want to warn those who are trying to hit me below the belt... if they continue doing so there are so many issues that I can rake up,'' she said. The legal cell of the Congress party has taken up matter and would reply in due time, she added.
On Sunday, Biman's elder brother Bidhan Bhattacharjee, who has demanded a fresh inquiry into the disappearance of his brother, wrote a letter to Congress chief Sonia Gandhi and Prime Minister Manmohan Singh asking for an inquiry into the role of Deepa Dasmunsi in the case. Bidhan told The Indian Express: "I have requested Soniaji to inquire into Deepa Dasmunsi's role at the party level, and expel her from the party if her complicity is proved." A similar letter was sent to President Pranab Mukherjee, he added.
- 'Sophisticated' Indian cyberattacks targeted Pak military sites: Report
- Talkative Li quoted Weber, Hegel, Jobs, said PM is large-hearted
- Bihar food corp ends up with chaff as rice worth Rs 535 cr vanishes from mills
- In 7 lucrative minutes on May 9, Sreesanth bowled 6 balls, bookie made Rs 2.5 cr
- India and China ask border envoys to work on more steps
- Former Ranji player among 3 more held