Report on Ram Singh's suicide in Delhi gangrape case submitted
- Sreesanth, Jiju Janardhan lived in independently booked rooms: Cops
- India to convey concerns over Ladakh incursion to Chinese Premier
- IPL 2013 LIVE SCORE: Maxwell falls early in stiff run-chase
- Narendra Modi: India losing sheen as agricultural nation
- Rajapaksa slams Tamil diaspora for lack of support in reconciliation process
Tihar Jail authorities today submitted a report to the government on the alleged suicide of Ram Singh, one of the accused in the December 16 gangrape case.
The submission of the report to the Union Home Ministry came after it sought details from the prison authorities. "We have submitted the report providing details about the incident," a jail official said.
33-year-old Ram Singh allegedly hanged himself with the help of his clothes from the grills of his cell in Jail No 3 in Tihar Jail this morning.
Vimla Mehra, Director General of Tihar Jail, told reporters that she would not comment on the issue as an inquiry is being conducted by a magistrate. "The inquiry is finalised. I would not like to make any comment. All things will come into the inquiry. All facts will be looked into by the magistrate," she said.
Asked when the report by the magistrate will come, she said she cannot say as the magistrate has to do the job. "I don't want to disclose anything more because the matter is sub-judice. It would be wrong on my part to say anything," she said.
- Destitute, orphan students outclass rest in Andhra Class 10 exams
- To re-energise ties, PM wants to visit US, waits for confirmation
- NIA court says no terror link, frees 'Hizbul militant' Liyaqat on bail
- CBI arrests its coal allotments investigator on bribery charge
- ‘Cricketer-bookie Amit may have used Jiju to reach Sree’
- BCCI chief N Srinivasan says police must prove spot-fixing allegations