Residential properties to be levied property tax from Nov 15 last yr
- IPL spot-fixing case: Net widens, police watching 3 more players, other bookies
- IPL 2013: Imperious Brad Hodge powers Rajasthan Royals to qualifier
- Sonia Gandhi, PM Manmohan Singh slam BJP for disrupting Parliament, stalling bills
- IPL spot-fixing: 'Bookie' Vindoo was close to BCCI chief's son-in-law, say cops
- Jessica Lall case: Shayan Munshi to face perjury trial
The department will be starting a physical survey of the properties across the city which is likely to be completed in two months. P S Ghumman, Joint Commissioner, Municipal Corporation, said, "We request the residents to provide all the needed information to our employees who will be coming for physical survey."
Ghumman added, "In addition to this, we have made a provision that residents can do self-assessment of their properties and can file online returns as well for which we have made 16 online centres and a unique identification number will be given to them for filing online returns."
The corporation is likely to divide the city into eight property zones. The basic formula will be: the similar nature of properties scattered in different parts of the city as well will be levied the same kind of tax. The residential colonies with the same kind of standards in different areas come under this category.
Ghumman said the tax would be calculated as per the age of the building. The tax calculation would be done after two months only, but in the mean time residents themselves could calculate the tax and file returns online. The tax would also be applicable to vacant plots in residential areas as well.
In commercial properties, the house tax will be replaced with property tax from the coming financial year.
- Paddy shortfall blamed for mystery death of procurement officer
- 'Bookie' Vindoo was close to BCCI chief’s son-in-law: cops
- Net widens, police watching three more players, new set of bookies
- Suspected Islamists behead soldier on London street
- Malegaon 2006 case: NIA names four right wing terror suspects
- BJP invokes 'sarcasm, ridicule' against PM