Results corner: Biocon Q3 net up 9% to Rs 93 crore
- BJP tears into UPA govt on 4th anniversary, says it lacks leadership
- Madras High Court issues notice to BCCI, Sports Minister over IPL spot-fixing
- Jessica Lal murder: Actor Shayan Munshi, ballistic expert Manocha to face perjury trial
- India seeks access from US to 26/11 terror convicts Headley, Rana
- Govt further cuts import tariff value of gold
Chennai: Shriram Transport Finance, part of the Shriram Group, has reported 19.43 per cent growth in its consolidated net profit at Rs 375.49 crore for the third quarter ended December 31, 2012. The Chennai-based company had reported consolidated net profit of Rs 314.39 crore during the corresponding period of the previous financial year. Consolidated total income for the third quarter ended December 31, 2012 rose to Rs 1,796.16 crore as against Rs 1,549.49 crore registered during the same period a year ago. For the nine-month period ending December 31, 2012 the consolidated net profit of the company grew by 10.2 per cent to reach Rs 1,080.21 crore from Rs 980.07 crore registered during the corresponding period of previous fiscal year. Its earnings per share (basic) surged by 18.99 per cent to Rs 16.54.
McLeod Russel Q3 net profit up by over 5%
New Delhi: McLeod Russel Ltd (MCLR) has posted a little over 5 per cent rise in net profit at Rs 123.15 crore for the quarter ended December 31, 2012. Its net profit stood Rs 117.11 crore in the corresponding period last year, the company said in a filing to the BSE. Total income rose to Rs 448.13 crore during the third quarter of the current fiscal from Rs 404.75 crore in the corresponding quarter of previous fiscal. The company's net profit grew marginally as expenses remained higher at Rs 319.79 crore during the review period. MCLR produces approximately 100 million kg of high quality tea a year from tea estates in Assam, West Bengal, Vietnam, Uganda and Rwanda.
Tata Coffee third quarter net profit up 54%
New Delhi: Tata Coffee on Friday said its standalone net profit rose 54 per cent to Rs 29.20 crore during its third quarter ended December 31. Its net profit stood at Rs 18.99 crore in the year-ago period, the company said in a statement to the Bombay stock Exchange (BSE). "The company's operations have registered an impressive growth during the current quarter. The instant coffee sales were at a higher unit realisation," Tata Coffee said. The strengthening of the US dollar also reflected positively on the green coffee and instant coffee operations, it added. The company's total income rose by 23 per cent to Rs 152.12 crore during the third quarter of the current fiscal.
- Fixing probe now reaches Bollywood, son of Dara Singh held
- BCCI cashes Pune Warriors guarantee, 'disgusted' Sahara walks out of IPL
- Sreesanth spent Rs 1.95L on clothes, bought friend BlackBerry, paid in cash: Police
- Delhi firm with MoD as client is linked to Pak cyberattacks
- After Infosys, iGATE sacks Phaneesh Murthy for sexual misconduct
- 2 weeks after harassment, Haryana schoolgirls return, cops in tow