Retail inflation climbs to 9.6% in Oct on pricier milk, tea, onion
- IPL spot-fixing case: Actor Vindoo Dara Singh arrested in Mumbai
- IPL 2013 LIVE SCORE: Chennai Super Kings bat, Sachin Tendulkar still out
- Pune Warriors withdraw from IPL, 'disgusted' by BCCI's attitude
- IPL spot fixing: How Sreesanth splurged money on girlfriend
- Li Keqiang visits TCS, Cyrus P Mistry says China important for growth of Tata Group
Retail inflation for industrial workers climbed to 9.6 per cent in October on account higher prices of wheat and rice, from 9.39 per cent in the same month last year.
The retail inflation, measured by the Consumer Price Index for Industrial Workers, stood at 9.14 per cent in September, as per the official data released here today.
The largest upward contribution to the change in the index came from food items which increased by 0.43 per cent, contributing 0.45 percentage points to the total change.
The largest upward pressure on inflation came from items such as rice, wheat, wheat atta, milk, tea (readymade) and onion.
The other items like cooking gas, electricity charges, fire wood, medicine (Allopathic), doctors' fee, bus fare, cinema charges, also put upward pressure in total change.
The largest downward contribution to the change in current index came from oils and fats with a decline of 1.08 per cent, contributing (-) 0.10 percentage points to the total change.
The main downward pressure came from groundnut oil, coconut oil, vanaspati ghee and palm oil.
Similarly, the food inflation stood at 9.91 per cent in October against 11 per cent of the previous month and 8.72 per cent during the corresponding month of 2011.
Among the centres, Monger Jamalpur and Siliguri recorded the largest increase of 6 points each followed by Labac Silchar, Guntur, Salem, Jharia, Coimbatore, Sholapur, Jalpaiguri, Kodarma, Mariani Jorhat, Bengluru and Tripura at 4 points each.
Hubli Dharwar centres reported a decline of 4 points followed by Goa with 3 points, Chennai and Varanasi with 2 points each and other 6 centres registered a fall of one point.
- 'Sophisticated' Indian cyberattacks targeted Pak military sites: Report
- Talkative Li quoted Weber, Hegel, Jobs, said PM is large-hearted
- Bihar food corp ends up with chaff as rice worth Rs 535 cr vanishes from mills
- In 7 lucrative minutes on May 9, Sreesanth bowled 6 balls, bookie made Rs 2.5 cr
- India and China ask border envoys to work on more steps
- Former Ranji player among 3 more held