Retd Colonel ‘jumps to death’ in Noida mall
- IPL spot-fixing case: Actor Vindoo Dara Singh arrested
- IPL 2013: Final No.5 for MS Dhoni-led Chennai Super Kings
- Pune Warriors withdraw from IPL, 'disgusted' by BCCI's attitude
- IPL spot fixing: Accused Sreesanth claims innocence
- Li Keqiang visits TCS, Cyrus P Mistry says China important for growth of Tata Group
Retired Army Col. M L Mahajan jumped to death from the fourth floor of Centre Stage Mall in Noida on Thursday morning, police claimed.
Police said the 65-year-old resident of Sector 29, Noida, left behind a suicide note, which says: "Please forgive me. Due to depression can't do anything. I am fed up from (with) my life."
CCTV footage shows that Mahajan entered the mall at 11.30 am and jumped from the fourth floor at 11.41 am. "He was taken to Max Hospital in Sector 19, but was declared dead on arrival. He had an identity card in his pocket and the suicide note. There was nobody at his home in Sector 29," Superintendent of Police (City) Yogesh Singh.
Police officers said the three names, "Sneh, Ginni and Deepu", on the suicide note refer to his wife and two children. His wife is a doctor, while his son works in Maharashtra, the officers said.
Police said Col. Mahajan was probably contemplating suicide for quite some time because the date on the suicide note was October 8. Thursday's case is the second suicide at Centre Stage Mall over the past six months. This prompted police to take a fresh look at security arrangements at malls across Noida. Altogether seven persons had jumped to deaths in malls in Noida, officers said.
- 'Sophisticated' Indian cyberattacks targeted Pak military sites: Report
- Talkative Li quoted Weber, Hegel, Jobs, said PM is large-hearted
- Bihar food corp ends up with chaff as rice worth Rs 535 cr vanishes from mills
- In 7 lucrative minutes on May 9, Sreesanth bowled 6 balls, bookie made Rs 2.5 cr
- India and China ask border envoys to work on more steps
- Former Ranji player among 3 more held