Revenue collection up 35% in 4 months
- Trouble mounts for Sreesanth as Mumbai cops gather more evidence
- SIT to seek Supreme Court guidance on Maya Kodnani death penalty issue
- Tamil Nadu police bans Yasin Malik-linked pro-Eelam public meeting
- Kings XI Punjab end IPL 2013 campaign with a win
- Narendra Modi: India losing sheen as agricultural nation
Mitra also said the state is moving ahead with project development on a public-private partnership (PPP) model.
He reiterated the state government's stand on land, saying it would not be a problem for entrepreneurs. "Land is not a problem and we exhort industrialists to come to the state,'' he said.
The CPM expressed doubts over Mitra's claims. "We have serious doubts about his claims. I will check records tomorrow,'' Anisur Rehman, CPM leader and chairman of the Public Accounts Committee of the Assembly, said.
- Destitute, orphan students outclass rest in Andhra Class 10 exams
- To re-energise ties, PM wants to visit US, waits for confirmation
- NIA court says no terror link, frees 'Hizbul militant' Liyaqat on bail
- CBI arrests its coal allotments investigator on bribery charge
- ‘Cricketer-bookie Amit may have used Jiju to reach Sree’
- BCCI chief N Srinivasan says police must prove spot-fixing allegations