RGV ready to scare audience with 'Bhoot Returns'
- BJP tears into UPA govt on 4th anniversary, says it lacks leadership
- Madras High Court issues notice to BCCI, Sports Minister over IPL spot-fixing
- Jessica Lal murder: Actor Shayan Munshi, ballistic expert Manocha to face perjury trial
- India seeks access from US to 26/11 terror convicts Headley, Rana
- Govt further cuts import tariff value of gold
Filmmaker Ram Gopal Varma, who introduced a new age of horror films with Ajay Devgn-starrer 'Bhoot' is all set to roll out its sequel 'Bhoot Returns'.
After the success of the first part released in 2003, Ram Gopal Varma was keen on making a sequel to be titled 'Bhoot 2' and it was registered by producer Nitin Manmohan's company. At that time, Varma and Nitin were together. However, after they parted ways, the latter announced 'Bhoot 2' with Vikram Bhatt as the director.
But when Vikram got to know that it was not done with Varma's consent, he backed out of the project. As the title 'Bhoot 2' was registered with Nitin Manmohan, the new producers of the sequel Alumbra Entertainment and Eros International repeatedly requested Nitin Manmohan to part with the title citing the original creator was Varma, a press release issued here said.
"The producers repeatedly requested Nitin Manmohan to give the copyright of the title. But due to his previous tussle with RGV, things got delayed," the release said.
Later, RGV decided to change the title of his film from 'Bhoot 2' to Bhoot Returns.
The film stars actress Manisha Koirala and JD Chakravarthy and Eros International will release the film worldwide on October 12.
'Bhoot Returns' is Varma's first 3D film. The film will also release in Tamil and Telugu.
- Fixing probe now reaches Bollywood, son of Dara Singh held
- BCCI cashes Pune Warriors guarantee, 'disgusted' Sahara walks out of IPL
- Sreesanth spent Rs 1.95L on clothes, bought friend BlackBerry, paid in cash: Police
- Delhi firm with MoD as client is linked to Pak cyberattacks
- After Infosys, iGATE sacks Phaneesh Murthy for sexual misconduct
- 2 weeks after harassment, Haryana schoolgirls return, cops in tow