Rice basmati rises on fresh buying
- Anti-corruption unit will now monitor access to players: BCCI
- Counter-terrorism to top Indo-US Security dialogue agenda: Sushilkumar Shinde
- IPL 2013 LIVE SCORE: Pune Warriors bat, Ashok Dinda back
- Chinese Premier Li Keqiang arrives today, PM to seek early revival of border talks
- Telangana very much part of UPA national agenda: P C Chacko
Prices of rice basmati ended higher on the wholesale grains market today on fresh buying by stockists and retailers.
However, other grains moved in a tight range in scattered deals and settled around previous levels.
Traders said fresh buying by stockists and retailers mainly pushed up wholesale rice basmati prices.
In the national capital, basmati common and Pusa 1121- ended higher at Rs 5500-5600 and Rs 5550-5700 from previous levels of Rs 5270-5470 and Rs 5300-5400 per quintal, respectively.
The following are today's quotations per quintal: Wheat MP (deshi) 2,050-2,250, Wheat dara (for mills) 1,565-1,570, Chakki atta (delivery) 1,575-1,580, Atta Rajdhani (10 kg) 210, Shakti bhog (10 kg) 210, Roller flour mill 860-880 (50 kg), Maida 880-890 (50 kg) and Sooji 980-990 (50kg).
Basmati rice (Lal Quila) 9,500, Shri Lal Mahal 9,500, Super Basmati Rice, 9,000, Basmati common new 5,500-5,700, Rice Pusa-(1121) new 5,500-5,600, Permal raw 1,950-2050, Permal wand 2,200-2,250, Sela 2,400-2,450 and Rice IR-8
1,550-1,650, Bajra 1,270-1,275, Jowar yellow 1,350-1,360, white 2,150-2,350, Maize 1,530-1,580, Barley 1,450-1,460, Rajasthan 1,080-1,090.
- Quake-hit and shaken, Bhaderwah spends nights in the open
- UP blast accused dies on way to jail, govt wanted to drop case against him
- Former civil aviation secy changes mind, seeks airport security exemption as EC
- BCCI suspects Gujarat players in other teams were also approached
- Police on money trail, Sreesanth in fresh trouble
- Chhattisgarh 'encounter' leaves 8 villagers dead, no Maoist link yet