Rich South corporation presents ‘poor’ budget
Though the corporation officially has 4.25 lakh properties in its tax register, the GSDL data says there are 14.19 lakh properties. "It is a challenge to bring 7.75 lakh properties into the tax net," Gupta said. The corporation's main source of revenue is property tax, while 50 per cent of its income from "outside" revenue sources are collected by outsourced agencies.
- Fixing probe now reaches Bollywood, son of Dara Singh held
- BCCI cashes Pune guarantee, Sahara walks out of IPL
- Sreesanth spent Rs 1.95 lakh on clothes, bought friend BlackBerry and paid in cash: Police
- Delhi firm with MoD as client is linked to Pak cyberattacks
- After Infosys, iGATE sacks Phaneesh Murthy for sexual misconduct
- 2 weeks after harassment, Haryana schoolgirls return, cops in tow