Ricky emerges victorious in 100m walk
- IPL spot-fixing case: Delhi Police to trace money trail in four cities
- PM-level talks: India to convey concerns over Ladakh incursion to Chinese Premier
- IPL 2013 LIVE SCORE: Kings XI Punjab vs Mumbai Indians
- Rajapaksa slams Tamil diaspora for lack of support in reconciliation process
- Karnataka CM Siddaramaiah inducts 28 ministers, keeps tainted away
Ricky was the first to touch the finish line as he claimed the 100m walk (co-ed) title in the 12-15 age category on the last day of the Annual Athletic Meet organised by Special Olympic Bharat Chandigarh Chapter at Athletic Club in Sector 7. Anisha and Prateek Sabharwal finished second and third respectively.
In the 100m walk (co-ed) in the 8-11 age category, Manpreet emerged as the winner. He was followed by Kanika and Kamna at the second and third places respectively. The 200m walk (girls) title went to Anisha as she pushed Purnima and Shivani at the second and third spots respectively. Rajat Thakur emerged winner in the 200m walk (boys) event. Kulwinder and Rahul Gupta came second and third respectively. The winner in the 400m walk (16-21) was Kulwinder Singh, while Rahul Gupta and Aashish Vaid came second and third respectively.
Similarly, Mamta Garg came first in the 50m walk in the 20-29 age category. Richa and Pinky Chhabra came second and third respectively. The 50m walk (8-11) title in the boy's section went to Amit while Sahil and Nonu finished second and third respectively.
Purnima showed remarkable skills to finish first in the 50m walk (12-21 years) in the girl's section. Shivani came second while Sophia finished third. The 25m walk (16-21 years) title in the boy's section was claimed by Yojan Goel. He pushed Rishab and Amrinder Singh to the second and third places respectively. The 25m walk (12-15 years) title in the boy's section was bagged by Rajat. Tejinder and Happy came second and third respectively.
The other winners were Ishan Deol (25m walk in 8-11 years co-ed), Mannat Singh (50m walk in 8-11 years girls), Sukhman Jot (400m run in hearing impaired category), Monika (200m in 16-21 years girls), Shivam Gupta (200m run in 12-15 years boys), Navjot (200m run in 16-21 years boys), Vishali (200m run in 12-21 age hearing impaired category) and Radhika (100m run in 8-11 co-ed category).
- Destitute, orphan students outclass rest in Andhra Class 10 exams
- To re-energise ties, PM wants to visit US, waits for confirmation
- NIA court says no terror link, frees 'Hizbul militant' Liyaqat on bail
- CBI arrests its coal allotments investigator on bribery charge
- ‘Cricketer-bookie Amit may have used Jiju to reach Sree’
- BCCI chief N Srinivasan says police must prove spot-fixing allegations