Rigour in the margins
- Sreesanth, Jiju Janardhan lived in independently booked rooms: Cops
- India to convey concerns over Ladakh incursion to Chinese Premier
- IPL 2013 LIVE SCORE: Maxwell falls early in stiff run-chase
- Narendra Modi: India losing sheen as agricultural nation
- Rajapaksa slams Tamil diaspora for lack of support in reconciliation process
In an age of instrumental values, this has to be said: for all the limitations of Indian intellectual life, the marginal intellectual return on money spent on good institutions in India is still very high. The CSDS's intellectual identity has been an inoculation against the allures of superficial branding, whether it is in politics or academia. It deserves acknowledgment.
The writer, president of the Centre for Policy Research, is contributing editor, `The Indian Express'
- Destitute, orphan students outclass rest in Andhra Class 10 exams
- To re-energise ties, PM wants to visit US, waits for confirmation
- NIA court says no terror link, frees 'Hizbul militant' Liyaqat on bail
- CBI arrests its coal allotments investigator on bribery charge
- ‘Cricketer-bookie Amit may have used Jiju to reach Sree’
- BCCI chief N Srinivasan says police must prove spot-fixing allegations