Rihanna granted restraining order against fan
R&B star Rihanna has been granted restraining order against an obsessed fan, who broke into her neighbour's home because he mistook it to be her property, last week.
The 25-year-old 'Stay' singer, who is currently rehearsing for her upcoming tour, secured legal protection against Steveland Barrow, who was arrested after breaking into her neighbour's home, reported TMZ online.
The singer feared for her safety after the male fan told police officers that he was invited to her home and allegedly slept in a bed, which he wrongly believed to be hers. He also stole some items from the house.
A judge granted her a temporary protection order, prohibiting Barrow from coming within 100 yards of Rihanna, her workplaces and her properties.
According to the singer's lawyer, Barrow has been released from custody and is nowhere to be found.
Rihanna previously had a restraining order against her on/off boyfriend Chris Brown after he beat her in 2009.
The couple reunited late last year.
- Destitute, orphan students outclass rest in Andhra Class 10 exams
- To re-energise ties, PM wants to visit US, waits for confirmation
- NIA court says no terror link, frees 'Hizbul militant' Liyaqat on bail
- CBI arrests its coal allotments investigator on bribery charge
- ‘Cricketer-bookie Amit may have used Jiju to reach Sree’
- BCCI chief N Srinivasan says police must prove spot-fixing allegations