Riteish Deshmukh's debut production to be screened at SAIFF
- IPL spot-fixing: Chennai Super Kings owner's kin under police scanner
- IPL 2013 LIVE SCORE: Sunrisers Hyderabad vs Rajasthan Royals
- Jessica Lall murder: Actor Shayan Munshi, ballistic expert Manocha to face perjury trial
- BJP tears into UPA govt on 4th anniversary, says it lacks leadership
- BCCI was forced to encash Pune Warriors' bank guarantee: Sanjay Jagdale
Actor Riteish Deshmukh's maiden production venture 'Balak Palak' is all set to be screened at the South Asian International Film Festival (SAIFF) in New York.
The Marathi film has been directed by Ravi Jadhav and is based on the subject of sex education. It focuses on how very few parents are keen to discuss the sensitive subject with their kids.
"I'm very proud to be associated with a film like 'Balak Palak'. I've always believed that we could do more with regional cinema which is already doing such great work over the last few years.
"The script of the film has tremendous potential and the fact that it has been selected to premiere at SIAFF in New York proves that it is a story that appeals to people across beyond regional boundaries and all age groups," Riteish said in a statement.
The 2012 SAIFF will take place this year from October 24 to 30.
The film has been co-produced by and stars Kishor Kadam, Sai Tamhankar, Prathamesh Parab, Shashwati Pimplikar, Madan Devdhar, Bhagyashree Shankpal, Rohit Phalke, Subodh Bhave among others.
'Balak Palak' also marks the music debut of composer duo Vishal-Shekhar in Marathi films.
- Fixing probe now reaches Bollywood, son of Dara Singh held
- BCCI cashes Pune Warriors guarantee, 'disgusted' Sahara walks out of IPL
- Sreesanth spent Rs 1.95L on clothes, bought friend BlackBerry, paid in cash: Police
- Delhi firm with MoD as client is linked to Pak cyberattacks
- After Infosys, iGATE sacks Phaneesh Murthy for sexual misconduct
- 2 weeks after harassment, Haryana schoolgirls return, cops in tow