Rizvi Springfield, Anjuman to meet in final today
- IPL spot-fixing case: Delhi Police to trace money trail in four cities
- PM-level talks: India to convey concerns over Ladakh incursion to Chinese Premier
- IPL 2013 LIVE SCORE: Kings XI Punjab vs Mumbai Indians
- Rajapaksa slams Tamil diaspora for lack of support in reconciliation process
- Karnataka CM Siddaramaiah inducts 28 ministers, keeps tainted away
Little Prithvi Shaw was at his blazing best as he led Rizvi Springfield (Bandra) to an easy win against Anjuman I-Islam Urdu (CST) and a spot in the final of the Coca-Cola Cup Cricket Cup (Mumbai Leg) on Tuesday. The right-hander smashed 92 in just 81 balls, hitting 14 fours, to be declared the most valuable player of the match, and deservedly so.
Having won the toss, Anjuman I-Islam could only muster 180/9 in 45 overs with Deepak Gupta top-scoring with 61 in 75 balls, a knock that included seven boundaries. The Rizvi bowlers shared the wickets around with Azim Shaikh, Saurabh Yadav and Arman Jaffer snaring a couple each, ensuring that the opposition never really got going. And in response, there was no stopping Shaw as he blasted the Anjuman bowling around the park and took his team home with 14 overs to spare.
In another match at Cross Maidan, Anjuman I-Islam Allana Eng (CST) achieved a remarkable victory over IES VN Sule Guruji Eng (Dadar) by seven wickets to book their place alongside Rizvi in the summit clash.
IES were kept down to 139 in their innings with the Anjuman-I-Allana bowlers refusing to lift their feet off their opponents' throats after having control of proceedings in the early going.
Hashir Dafedar then once again showed fine form while scoring almost half of his team's target, which provided the perfect platform for Anjuman I-Allana to chase down 140 comfortably. He scored 62 of the finest runs before unfortunately getting out just at the cusp of taking his team over the line. The two teams will now face-off in the grand final on Wednesday.
Anjuman I-Islam Urdu (CST) 180/9 in 45 overs (Deepak Gupta 61) lost to Rizvi Springfield (Bandra) 181/4 in 31 overs (Prithvi Shaw 92); IES VN Sule Guruji Eng (Dadar) 139 all out in 40.4 overs lost to Anjuman I- Islam Allana Eng (CST) 141/3 in 30.1 overs (Hashir Dafedar 62).
- Destitute, orphan students outclass rest in Andhra Class 10 exams
- To re-energise ties, PM wants to visit US, waits for confirmation
- NIA court says no terror link, frees 'Hizbul militant' Liyaqat on bail
- CBI arrests its coal allotments investigator on bribery charge
- ‘Cricketer-bookie Amit may have used Jiju to reach Sree’
- BCCI chief N Srinivasan says police must prove spot-fixing allegations